Santoku knife 180 5000 MCD
The SANTOKU 180 MIYABI 5000 MCD is a classic broad-bladed Chef’s knife with an ultra-fine cutting edge. The razor sharp blade is suitable for preparing vegetables, fish and meats whether thin or thick cuts. The enthusiastic home cook will find that this knife is an all-purpose knife, best used for chopping motions.
Using a traditional Japanese sharpening method known as Honbazuke and honed to an angel of between 9.5 and 23 degrees per side by a master craftsmen gives this knife phenomenal sharpness. A light cream handle engraved with wildfire burls made from the finest Karelian (Masur) Birchwood adds to the beauty of 100 layers of top-quality floral etched Damascus steel. The blade undergoes a unique Zwilling J.A. Henckels trademarked CRYODUR® 4-step hardening process that maximises the properties of the steel used for these Miyabi knives. A cryogenic treatment process places the blade into -321 degrees Fahrenheit conditions to increase the resistance to corrosion.
- A 19° degree symmetric blade finished with 3-step Honbazuke horning method
- Micro Carbide powdered steel core coated in 100 layers of magnificently patterned damascus steel either side.
- Traditional Japanese D-shape Masur Birch wood handle enhanced with a mosaic pin and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo T
- he handle being food-safe, hygienic and durable
- 63 HRC hardness
- Blade with maximised corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge retention
- Miyabi knives made in Seki, Japan by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
- Length 180mm