The Twin 1731 paring knife is the classic curved shape contrary to the growing popularity of the sheep’s foot knife. Do not be fooled by the paring knife, although it may look similar to a chef’s knife it has a very different purpose, rather than cutting, hacking and chopping this blade is used for peeling, thin slicing and brunoise-ing. The compact size of the knife makes it perfect for very detailed work and comes in helpful when creating ornate garnishes.
The paring knife is forged from a single pieces of Cronidur 30 steel and ice-hardened for ultimate edge retention and corrosion resistance. A thick bolster and full tang is finished with dark Grenadilla hardwood with the blade taking on a slight shaded matt tone to it.
- 60 Rockwell hardness. Unique ice-hardening process
- SIGMAFORGE knife, created from single piece of Cronidur 30 steel
- FRIODUR blade, ice-hardened
- Durable and easy-care handle made from an untreated Grenadilla hardwood
- Blade with maximised corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge retention
- Lifetime warranty from J.A. Henckels Length: 100mm