Miyabi Complete Knife Sharpening Kit
Do you have designs on being the next Jiro Ono? Whether master, or novice, every sushi chef relies upon some fundamental basics to maintain the supreme sharpness of their Miyabi knives. Developed by ZWILLING, the Miyabi Toishi Pro range of sharpening accessories is based on the world-class Chosera series by Nanniwa – an acclaimed brand used by some of the world’s leading sushi masters.
With their trademark Honbazuke honing, Miyabi knives require the best possible whetstones to retain that “true edge” Comprising three whetstones – #400, #1000 and #5000 grit – the Miyabi Complete Knife Sharpening Set contains all you need for carrying out both minor buffing, and more serious repairs. Each measures just 210 x 70 x 25 mm, making them compact enough to store/ use in a standalone manner – or with the inclusive Basic Kit.
A must-have for any kitchen, the sleek, blonde, Hinoki wood base has been designed exclusively for use with the Toishi Pro range. Four rubberized grips guarantee minimal movement during sharpening, while the non-slip pad ensures the whetstone stays in place, irrespective of the amount of pressure applied. A dressing stone is also included within the Basic Kit â€“ ideal for general polishing and buffing.
Unsure which whetstones are right for you? With the Miyabi Complete Knife Sharpening Set, you’ll have the ideal grit range to keep your knives in pristine condition, and an inclusive base upon which to store them too!
- Based on the Chisero series by Nanniwa.
- Three synthetic, ceramic whetstones – #400 (rough), #1000 (medium) and #5000 (mid to fine) grit.
- Whetstone dimensions: 210 x 70 x 25 mm
- Hinoki wood base features rubberized feet and non-slip pad.
- Dressing stone included for finishing.
- Wooden base can be used to house whetstones when not in use.
- Sturdy wooden base designed to withstand years of use.
- Achieve “true edge” sharpness – effortlessly.
- Made in Seki, Japan.