Chutoh knife 160 5000 MCD
The Chutoh MIYABI 5000 MCD is a utility knife combining purity, grace and elegance into one. The Chutoh has a sturdy blade with a curved Kantana edge mimicking that of a traditional samurai sword. Well designed for the preparation of vegetables and cutting up medium sized meats and poultry.
Using a traditional Japanese sharpening method known as Honbazuke and honed to an angel of between 9.5 and 23 degrees per side by a master craftsmen gives this knife phenomenal sharpness. A light cream handle engraved with wildfire burls made from the finest Karelian (Masur) Birchwood adds to the beauty of 100 layers of top-quality floral etched Damascus steel. The blade undergoes a unique Zwilling J.A. Henckels trademarked CRYODUR® 4-step hardening process that maximises the properties of the steel used for these Miyabi knives. A cryogenic treatment process places the blade into -321 degrees Fahrenheit conditions to increase the resistance to corrosion.
- A 19° degree symmetric blade finished with 3-step Honbazuke horning method
- Micro Carbide powdered steel core coated in 100 layers of magnificently patterned damascus steel either side.
- Traditional Japanese D-shape Masur Birch wood handle enhanced with a mosaic pin and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- The handle being food-safe, hygienic and durable
- 63 HRC hardness
- Blade with maximised corrosion resistance, toughness, and edge retention
- Miyabi knives made in Seki, Japan by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
- Length 160mm